Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Easy Marshmallow Ice Cream with Chopped Dark Chocolate

I have big fondness of quick and easy desserts. Specially ice cream! I usually use 3 basic ingredients: milk, cream, sugar. Then, we can experiment with flavor. Yay! Still, cleaning the dishes is actually what takes lots of effort. If I could have superpower at home, I would want one that can wash the dish in a blink of an eye, and one that can levitate things! Why? So I can levitate everything in my room when I’m doing the sweeping and moping. Life gonna be much easier lol.

Custard based ice cream does have a more luscious texture, thanks to the eggs in it. But since tempering the eggs are extra effort (lazy mode me), I eliminate the eggs. I don’t add extra thickener too (for example: corn flour). Even so, because I’m using ice cream bowl to churn it, the result is still smooth, yummy ice cream. The minus point? This recipe tends to melt faster and freeze harder. But that’s okay, they wouldn’t last so long in the fridge anyways :D.

Don’t we love those freshly toasted marshmallow?

Add some dark chocolate, chopped roughly or finely depending on your taste, for your ice cream. Remember to add them when your batter has form soft ice cream. Sorry no picture of progress! I really forgot because it’s such a mess in the kitchen. I’m using kitchen aid ice cream attachment bowl. Well.. since I don’t have the mixer yet, I’m churning it manually! If you already have the mixer, using this bowl would be great.


This time I pour them in small cups and label them (It’s really a fun thing to do) and share them! Next time I’m thinking about topping this ice cream with freshly toasted marshmallow. Enjoy!



Recipe : Easy Marshmallow Ice Cream with Chopped Dark Chocolate

Ingredients
100 gr Marshmallows (or more if you like it)
1 cup Full cream milk
1 cup Heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp Sugar syrup (adjust your sweetness preference)
Dark chocolate bar – as many as you like

Steps
1.   Toast your marshmallows. Be careful not to burn it. Meanwhile, pour together milk, cream, and sugar syrup in a blender (I’m using freshly opened milk and cream so I don’t cook it. If you concern about germs, you can simmer them before putting them in blender)
2.   When your marshmallows are brown and beautiful, mix them in the blender. Blend them good.
3.    Churn them in ice cream machine. Chop your chocolate. When the batter is forming soft ice cream, pour the chopped chocolate in.
4.     Enjoy them as soft ice cream or put them in freezer for harder consistency.

*for sugar syrup, boil together 1 part sugar with 1 part water, cool and store them in airtight bottle in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment